Our Trust exists to support school improvement and share innovation across all of our schools in order to raise standards, improve provision and unlock potential. The purpose of each school is to improve the life chances of each child regardless of ability, gender, social background or ethnic origin.
Each school in our Trust has a unique context and works to best meet the needs of its pupils and local community. We do not believe in a standard ‘one size fits all’ approach or the development of ‘identikit’ schools. The Trust will develop a bespoke relationship with each school dependent on where it lies on its journey towards ‘World Class’ and support its development while respecting its unique character and context.
One of the academies in our Trust, Hollingworth Academy; is a National Teaching School and National Support School. These roles have developed significant experience and capacity in system leadership, developing and sharing good practice and providing bespoke support. It has also benefitted by learning from others to refine and improve practice.
As a teaching school, we have started to develop a network of Subject Leaders in Education and the Headteacher is a National Leader in Education.
– More freedom and autonomy to drive school improvement.
– Long term commitment to partnership, support and school improvement.
– Build capacity for school improvement through our skills and experience as a Teaching School and National Support School.
– Share best practice across all schools (clear Trust Improvement Plan).
– Shared strategic leadership across a group of schools that benefits all.
– Greater opportunities to retain and develop staff at all levels.
– Succession planning strengthened across the Trust and within each academy.
– Opportunities to achieve economies of scale when sharing resources and joint purchasing.
– Increased value for money and buying power in a difficult fiscal landscape.
– Increased flexibility and operational efficiencies – less duplication of effort.
– Responsibility and self-determination at a Trust level.